SARTORIAL PATTERN MAKER COURSE
DuratION: 128 Lessons 384 Hours
The Pattern Maker is the person in charge of the transformation of the designs created by the fashion stylist, or by the fashion designer, into concrete patterns, he’s the connection between the style and the realization of the paper patterns including the development of the sizes. He makes the paper patterns in the basic size, supervises the defectiveness of the prototypes, and realizes grading of sizes manually, or with the use of CAD systems. The industrial pattern maker works closely with the stylist, the CAD manager, the sampler, and the production manager. The industrial pattern maker must have excellent knowledge in order to construct the paper patterns, he must know the geometric formulas, he must know the anthropometric tables as well, and he also uses CAD systems for Pattern Making
- Start-up: One year September and January. Two-year only September
- Attendance: two or four lessons a week. From Tuesday to Friday from 9.00 am to 12.00
- Enrollment: Until June for courses starting in September. Until November for courses starting in January. Limited number.
- Subjects: Basic and fancy pattern making. Cutting and manufacturing tecniques.
- Professional outlets : Companies producing clothes, fashion workshops, self-employment.
- Fee: 3.300,00 euro (Tax Included)
- Annuale: 600 Euro all’iscrizione + 9 rate mensili da 300 Euro
- Biennale: 600 Euro all’iscrizione + 18 rate da 150 Euro
- Basic skirt – 12 fancy skirts from sketches and fashion illustrations
- Basic trousers – 6 pairs of fancy trousers from sketches and fashion illustrations
- Shirt and blouse with tailored sleeves and fancy collars
- 6 patterns blouses (raglan, Kimono sleeves, etc.)
- Semi-loose-fitting dress with breast dart. 8 fancy dresses from sketches -and fashion illustrations.
- Anatomically designed top with breast dart and tailored sleeves. 24 fancy transformations.
- Anatomically designed top with raglan sleeves, drop sleeves, kimono -sleeves with gusset, etc.
- Basic Man’s jacket with casual revers and two-piece sleeves.
- Woman’s jacket with breast dart. 6 fancy jackets from sketches and -fashion illustrations.
- Basic heavy jacket with raglan sleeves. Coat for men.
- 6 fancy coats and heavy jackets from sketches and fashion illustrations.
- Pattern layout from sketches and pictures of evening and wedding dresses.
- Equipment: Single needle machine, zig-zag sewing machine, overlock
- Fabrics. Width, treatments, and cutting equipment
- Cutting of the fabric and manufacturing of a skirt
- Cutting of the fabric and manufacturing of a pair of trousers
- Cutting of the fabric and manufacturing of a shirt
- Cutting of the fabric and manufacturing of a dress
- Cutting of the fabric and manufacturing of a waistcoat
- Cutting of the fabric and manufacturing of a jacket