MASTER INDUSTRIAL FASHION DESIGN
Master Industrial Fashion Design
The fashion stylist is the creative mind of the fashion process. He is the one who makes available his talent and his imagination to create models that are always new and suited to market demand. In most cases, he translates his ideas into design, using traditional methods, but also with new technologies, especially dedicated software.
The stylist works closely with fashion designers, marketing experts, those who develop and create fabrics, with needle and thread experts and pattern makers. He often has direct contact with the models who will wear his clothes created, with photographers and showroom workers. The designer has a good knowledge of the history of costume, of the product category of the fabrics, principles of anatomy, color theory, production processes, freehand drawing skills, and the graphic design techniques on the PC of the fashion product, using CAD software for modeling 2D and 3D.
the Master in Industrial Design, is an advanced specialization course with high technological content, for apparel technicians. The course of study includes the teaching of both artistic subjects, such as drawing sketches, stylization and color techniques for creating moods and fashion collections, as well as practical techniques such as pattern making and sewing , for the concrete realization of the clothes, through the cutting of the created pattern on fabric, their proof and the possible correction of the defects.
- Start-up: September
- Attendance: From Tuesday to Friday from 9.00 to 12.00, Saturday from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm, Tuesday and Thursday from 14.30 to 17.30
- Enrollment: Until June. Limited number.
- Subjects: Fashion illustration. Fashion styling. History of costume. Textile technology. Basic and fancy pattern making. Grading.Tailoring and industrial sewing techniques. Lectra CAD suite.
- Professional outlets: Companies producing clothes, fashion workshops, self-employment
- Success Story
- Fee: 5.500,00 euro (Tax Included)
- One Year: 1000 euro at the enrollment + 9 monthly installments of 500 euro
- Canon of proportions and human anatomy, the draft, the included, the stylization. The technical drawing, pattern study of the base. The technical details.
- The trend of the theme and target research, research materials and mood. Designing fabric: continuous printing, jumped, mirror, placed. Study of developments in the drapery of the different materials.
- Achievements sketches based leaders: T-shirts, lingerie, swimwear, skirts, pants, jeans, shirts, jackets, vests, jackets, coats, suits, knitwear. Realization ready to wear collections theme and target free: night collection, sweatshirts, sports jackets, shirts, knitwear.
- Realization collections prêt-à-porter theme and set target: a collection suit, large size, day, evening. Realization haute couture theme and set target: collection wedding and evening dresses.
- Textile technology : fabrics, commercial functional and decorative technique.
- History of costume and fashion. Psychology of colors.
- Men’s collection, accessories collection and kids collection.
- The structure of the company, the professionals in fashion.
- Construction of a final project: choice of subject, target, materials, construction of the mood, creating a collection with its organic sheets.
- Basic skirt – 12 fancy skirts from sketches and fashion illustrations
- Basic trousers – 6 pairs of fancy trousers from sketches and fashion illustrations
- Shirt and blouse with tailored sleeves and fancy collars
- 6 patterns blouses (raglan, Kimono sleeves, etc.)
- Semi-loose-fitting dress with breast dart. 8 fancy dresses from sketches -and fashion illustrations.
- Anatomically designed top with breast dart and tailored sleeves. 24 fancy transformations.
- Anatomically designed top with raglan sleeves, drop sleeves, kimono -sleeves with gusset, etc.
- Basic Man’s jacket with casual revers and two-piece sleeves.
- Woman’s jacket with breast dart. 6 fancy jackets from sketches and -fashion illustrations.
- Basic heavy jacket with raglan sleeves. Coat for men.
- 6 fancy coats and heavy jackets from sketches and fashion illustrations.
- Pattern layout from sketches and pictures of evening and wedding dresses.
- Basic notions of information technology
Study of hardware and software components, CAD – CAM Lectra (Modaris, Diamino, Vigiprint) graphic programs and the Windows operating system.
- Creating the Pattern
Digitisation of the finished pattern. Modifying the pattern using the previous digitisation. Creating and codifying of the pattern and its sizes. Analysing the paper pattern: explaining the construction points and of their positioning on the images, checking of the video pattern, access route, pattern registration, practical exercises
- CAD Pattern Making
Access routes, creating and codifying of the libraries for a correct data filing. Modifying the pattern, creation of new versions, like pockets, belts, etc. Video application of the development. Copy of the development, from point to point, of the same image and of different images. Setting out of sewing figures and defining of the sewing angles for the industrialisation of the models. Adding of nicks, internal holes, texts. Creating new versions of the pattern. Adding of extreme and intermediate sizes to the existing size list. Changing of shifting of the basic size. Putting together of the different pattern components
- CAD placements
Creating of the placement card, creating of restrictions in order to prevent/allow the movement of the different components according to the kind of fabric used. Preparing of the placement. Size analogy, new version and fabric with an existing placement, adding of sizes/versions, adding of previously created placements. How to obtain and use a correct and functional placement, costs optimisation.
- Industrialisation of the pattern: distinction of elements, fabric, lining and adhesives
- Setting out of sewing figures.Grading of 4 patterns of skirt
- Grading of 2 patterns of trousers
- Grading of 3 patterns of a blouse with various sleeves and collars
- Grading of 3 patterns of dress
- Grading of 4 anatomically designed fancy tops
- Grading of 4 jackets and sleeves
- Grading of 3 coats and heavy jackets